January 4, 2010

Maple 2: Electric Boogaloo

Posted by Lisa at 3:57 PM
So I may have been finished up with ginger, but I wasn't quite done with this maple thing. When it came down to it, I realized I hadn't really had maple anything outside of the wide world of pancakes and waffles. I did a little perusing and found a maple cake recipe I wanted to try, tweaked it, and here I am.



Yes, the frosting is still marshmallow.  What can I say, I really enjoy that creamy, fluffy, smoothness. You'll notice, though, that I swapped the sprinkles out for the chopped pecans. I think the difference is...what makes it.




But in all seriousness, these look exactly like the last cupcakes I posted, so I had to do something to distinguish them.

----------------------------------
Maple Spice Cupcakes

2 1/2 c flour
2 tsp baking powder
2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 c butter
1 c pure maple syrup
1/2 c sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp vanilla
1/2 c water
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg

Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg.Beat butter and sugar on high until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, beating in between each. Add maple syrup and vanilla. Switch to low speed and add flour alternately with water, being sure to end with flour. Fill liners about 3/4 full. Bake at 350 degrees for 18 to 20 minutes. Makes 22.

---------------------------------

These aren't maple-y in the sense I was expecting, but they are good nonetheless. The nutmeg comes through a little heavy, but not in a bad way. The cinnamon doesn't come through very well, but might be accentuating the nutmeg. These would get a 3.6 out of 4 if I actually rated cupcakes.

0 comments on "Maple 2: Electric Boogaloo"

Post a Comment

 

Baking in Shoes Copyright 2009 Sweet Cupcake Designed by Ipiet Templates | Thanks to Blogger Templates | Image by Tadpole's Notez