December 23, 2011

Neiman-Marcus Cookies

Posted by Lisa at 11:31 PM
For Christmas this year, I decided to try this apparently mythical cookie. While I find it to be a yummy little thing, I also consider it to be a glorified chocolate chip cookie that's not worth a a purported $250.




I found the recipe here. It was under the ball cookie category, which I assumed meant the cookie would remain relatively round after baking. Instead, they flatted out into what you see up there.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Neiman-Marcus Cookie

1 c butter
1 c sugar
1 c brown sugar
2 eggs
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
2 c flour
2 1/2 c blended oatmeal (I used a food processor, but I believe they used a blender)
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
12 oz chocolate chips (I doubled this recipe, and ended up only using 23 oz of chocolate chips)
4 oz Hershey chocolate bar, grated (I actually chopped mine rather than grate, and I used half as much as I was supposed to so it's not very present in these cookies.
1 1/2 c chopped nuts (I used pecans, but ground mine into a powder which essentially ruined the effect of nuts)

Mix together flour, oatmeal, baking powder, baking soda and salt and set aside. Cream together butter and both sugars. Add eggs and vanilla. Add flour mixture to butter in intervals. Add in chocolate chips, Hershey bar and nuts. Roll into balls (with a diameter slightly larger than a quarter) and place about 1 1/2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake at 375 for 10-12 minutes. A doubled recipe made me 136 cookies, so the above recipe should yield between 60 and 70 cookies.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  Happy Holidays!

0 comments on "Neiman-Marcus Cookies"

Post a Comment

 

Baking in Shoes Copyright 2009 Sweet Cupcake Designed by Ipiet Templates | Thanks to Blogger Templates | Image by Tadpole's Notez