December 21, 2009

My Take on Bakerella's Christmas Cake Pops

Posted by Lisa at 8:07 AM
So when I saw these things on her site, I thought "Golly gee, those are adorable." I immediately wanted to make them. Sadly, the process was not as easily as I would have liked and, well, my results are lacking.

Let's do a comparison:

Here are her versions:





Cute, right? Look at those Rudolph's! LOOK AT THEM!

And here are my sad little versions:




Okay, my trees aren't so bad. They don't have stars because I couldn't find any, and they don't have the great texture because I couldn't do it without mangling the whole thing.

But that reindeer. That is one entirely deranged animal. Where did I go wrong? Well, the eyes are candy coated sunflower seeds which are all different shapes and sizes and lent perfectly to the crazy eyes. I honestly couldn't find anything better to use for the eyes. Aside from that, I was sawing down a bunch of mini pretzels trying to get antler shapes because I couldn't find those nifty alphabet pretzels. And finally, I'm just plain terrible at working with candy melts, or any sort of melted object and what has resulted from this is a herd of reindeer with apparent skin conditions. Ah well.

To see how to make these and all sorts of other ridiculous cute edibles, go here.

Merry almost-Christmas to you all!

0 comments on "My Take on Bakerella's Christmas Cake Pops"

Post a Comment

 

Baking in Shoes Copyright 2009 Sweet Cupcake Designed by Ipiet Templates | Thanks to Blogger Templates | Image by Tadpole's Notez