October 16, 2009

A Foray into Ginger

Posted by Lisa at 8:11 PM



Okay, so I needed some candied ginger for the recipe I'm doing tomorrow. I had never worked with ginger, or properly tasted it for that matter, so I thought it would be interesting to candy it myself. I followed the instructions of this guy. How did it go? So-so. From what I can tell, I didn't drain it enough, or it was too hot when I tossed it in sugar or something else entirely. I don't think it came out quite right. What I have is a lot of sticky, syrupy ginger pieces drying on my kitchen table. And also? I don't think I like ginger very much. We'll see if I like it better baked into something.

0 comments on "A Foray into Ginger"

Post a Comment

 

Baking in Shoes Copyright 2009 Sweet Cupcake Designed by Ipiet Templates | Thanks to Blogger Templates | Image by Tadpole's Notez