November 8, 2009

White Chocolate and Strawberry Cupcakes (500 Cupcakes)

Posted by Lisa at 2:46 PM
I went back to my 500 Cupcakes for this recipe. I've had a craving for white chocolate lately, and I thought this might be just the thing to make. That wasn't really the case.



I don't know what went wrong with these things, but all of the white chocolate chips sank to the bottom and detached from the rest of the cake! It ruined the whole experience for me. The strawberry cream cheese frosting was very good (I think I might just be a new found fan of cream cheese frostings) , but not quite enough to make up for how let down I was with the cupcake itself. So! I'm not sharing that recipe. I'll share the frosting.

----------------------------------

Strawberry Cream Cheese Frosting

1 c cream cheese, softened
1 1/2 c powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
3 tbsp butter, softened
3 tbsp chopped fresh strawberries (okay, I didn't use fresh, but it's okay)

Beat first four ingredients together until creamy. Stir in strawberries.

-----------------------------------

I also learned today that I'm a terrible froster. That's not a word. Er...terrible frosting-putter-on-er? Anyway, I can't do it. If I'm piping it on, I can make it look so-so, but otherwise it's just a big sloppy mess. Especially in this case, because with the lack of any real chopper mechanism, I had big chunks of strawberry floating around when I'm trying to spread the frosting out. But it's all good, I'm not entering these in a baked beauty contest any time soon.

0 comments on "White Chocolate and Strawberry Cupcakes (500 Cupcakes)"

Post a Comment

 

Baking in Shoes Copyright 2009 Sweet Cupcake Designed by Ipiet Templates | Thanks to Blogger Templates | Image by Tadpole's Notez