November 2, 2009

Gooey Chocolate Butter Mini-Cupcakes

Posted by Lisa at 1:16 PM
I was running low on ingredients today, so I made another batch of gooey butter cupcakes. What I discovered was that the first time around I used a severely low amount of butter. However I managed to figure it out, it was wrong yet totally delicious.







This time, I wanted to try a chocolate version. I had high hopes for a supposed-to-be-gooey chocolate cake with a crunchy-ish crust, but that's not really what I got.





These aren't bad by any means, but they aren't great. The biggest problem is that they retains none of the taste or texture of the originals. Instead, it just tastes like a so-so chocolate cake with a kind of crust.

I'm not quite through with this recipe yet. Creating the perfect chocolate gooey cupcake is now on my list of things to do.

To make these, follow this recipe, adding 2 tbsp cocoa powder when mixing in the flour and buttermilk. Put about a teaspoon of the flour/sugar mixture in each liner. Bake for about 15 minutes at 350 degrees. Makes 48 mini-cupcakes.

0 comments on "Gooey Chocolate Butter Mini-Cupcakes"

Post a Comment

 

Baking in Shoes Copyright 2009 Sweet Cupcake Designed by Ipiet Templates | Thanks to Blogger Templates | Image by Tadpole's Notez